Back Up My New HTC Phone
Now you can stop being worried about lost content and data when you misplace, break, or upgrade your phone. With HTC Backup, your accounts, apps, bookmarks, home screen layout, settings, and widgets are saved in the cloud and can be quickly restored to a new HTC phone.
You can even set up daily backup of your HTC phone when connected to Wi-Fi that automatically saves all your data as it changes. You'll have the peace of mind that your critical content and most important data is safe no matter what!
Turn on HTC Backup by selecting Back Up Phone Daily while performing device setup, or enable it in Settings
- Slide open Notifications panel and tap Settings
- Tap Backup & Reset
- Tap the Backup On/Off switch
- Choose HTC Account as your backup account, and sign in to your account (you can sign in with your HTC account or Facebook account, and if you're already signed into your Google account, tap it to change your backup account to your HTC account)
- Create or Sign in to Dropbox
- Tap Allow to authorize HTC Backup to access your Dropbox
- You're done!
Once your phone has finished backing up, you'll see the last backup date and time under Backup history. To manually start a backup, tap Back up now.